Monday, December 29, 2008

Crank and Roll

I finally started moving in a positive direction with the engine over the holiday. Good health has finally returned and progress is being made on the Eclipse. As you can see the pistons are in the block (which the cylinders have been honed).
Engine Assembly (1) (Custom)

New rings were installed. Old ones are going to the graveyard:
Engine Assembly (4) (Custom)

Head has been lubed and assembled (and will have to be taken apart again, as you must install head bolts BEFORE the cams :-/)
Engine Assembly (Custom)

Here lies the crankshaft:
Engine Assembly (2) (Custom)

Which will need to be polished as some good old H2O found it's way onto it during the recent storms. I guess I should of found better place to store it. It's going to the shop today hopefully.
Engine Assembly (3) (Custom)

Also, more good news. I did not think I would ever see this again:
Gas drop (Custom)

No comments: