Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Chemical Romance

Valves are finally out after much grief.
Egine rebuild - oct (3) (Custom)

I also reached my limits of cleaning parts via brush and elbow grease so i invested in this:
Egine rebuild - oct (4) (Custom)

Wash hands before eating! Not happy chemicals...
Egine rebuild - oct (5) (Custom)

It actually surprised me, no scrubbing at all, did not corrode the metal, and worked fast(15-30 min). I don't have a pic of the piston, but it is much more evident on it. Here's a preview:
Egine rebuild - oct (Custom)

I'd say the finish on the engine block has seen better days. Cool photo though.
Egine rebuild - oct (6) (Custom)

Block is almost stripped. I cannot believe the force that it's taking to get the crankshaft gear off. I've got a proper puller now, but it did not have the right thread and diameter bolts. I'm going to try and get some tonight.
Egine rebuild - oct (8) (Custom)

It's getting crowded over there. I hope I don't catch the sheet on my belt or something (knock on wood).
Egine rebuild - oct (9) (Custom)

Updates will ensue as they occur.

No comments: