Thursday, August 04, 2005

Asta la Vista!

Well, finally saw longhorn first hand today. The only words that I could muster after seeing that was "It took 5 years for that?" Seriously it looks like XP with a new fancier theme (with some very interesting "similarities" with OSX!). If you are wanting to see some screens of it yourself you can see some here. I wasn't running it on a good machine so I didn't get to see the "glass" effect, but I will give it some credit by saying that it looks a bit better, even though many actions seem to involve way too much clicking.

As for the title of this post, Windows Codename:longhorn was recently renamed to "Windows Vista", which seems like a strange deviation from the other names. In any case it doesn't seem to have any significant improvements over XP.

Anyway, enough ranting, I should be getting back to packing so I can head out to sunny Florida tomorrow. Hopefully this trip turns out a bit better than my others recently....

No comments: