Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bricked

We finally got some cool weather this summer, which was quite convenient as I spent most of the weekend laying brick. This is what my brother and I managed to complete in a day and a half:
UPDATE - Click on the picture for the full width, the blog formatting is cropping the majority of the photo
100_0344-edit
We put down probably around 500+ bricks plus the retaining wall. We will have to continue it on the left side a bit until it hits the deck on that side, which will require a bit more work to level the ground. This also is a interesting panoramic of 3 pictures stitched together by my brother's camera. I wish I had a before photo, but failed to plan that far ahead.

I also got out Friday evening and added some more curves on the motorcycle. It was bittersweet however as a fork seal failed on me and is added to the list of things to fix. Hopefully I'll get some pics up soon. Amid all of this there is good news, I finally got the piston back out of the engine and replaced the rings. The oil pan is even back on and I just need to bolt the head back on (well, not exactly the easiest task) and get everything hooked back up properly. I Plan on having it on the road by the end of the month!

No comments: