Monday, May 18, 2009

Mantii Mania

Well, It's been a while since I've had the chance to provide any updates. I finally spent one weekend home and not out and about which enabled me to grab some quick photos around the house. Here are a few friends I found in some of my landscaping (which I've put a lot more work into this spring).
dscf3871

dscf3866

Mantis

They are just wee-lads right now, and I hope some will stick around once they mature. Much easier to photograph as well as keeping some of the bad bugs dead.

Here is a macro shot of my pre-bloom Spirea bush after some light misting rain (and a dash of Gimping):
dscf3858

And a bit more experimentation with refraction:
dscf3860

The car is coming along, but with more snags of course. Got it back down to my house, and did some body work, however it looks like one piston will have to come back out. It's drivable yet burning oil in one piston for some reason. I would be further along however due to other outdoor activities progress has slowed dramatically. I hope to get some pics up of some of the boating and triathlon(the aforementioned activites) I've done in the past month or so. Also (weather permitting) this weekend something very big might just happen! Stay Tuned!

No comments: