Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Where's Your Head At?

Finally received my ring set and quickly set to work. As you can see below items are being attached to the block, and the cams are out again and the head has been bolted down with a new head gasket (which is a much more involved process than I expected). Water pump and intake pipe has been mounted as well as some sensors. I need to search for the special deepwell socket I bought to tighten down the oil filter thread as I seemed to of lost it, so the oil pan is waiting on that. Timing components will be next in line.

Head on (1)

Head on

I've also provided a quick video tour of the engine as well as the cams and engine bay. And yes the shop is a huge mess. I need to start getting items bolted back on to make room for organizing tools and such. Also I'm reluctant to start throwing out trash, lest I throw away some important component by accident. I'll probably be organizing things tonight.


Engine Rebuild - Head On from Thomas Anderson on Vimeo.

No comments: