Friday, June 02, 2006

Camera

Well, the ongoing saga of getting my FujiFilm camera back from Bigston Corporation keeps on getting better. After the repair shop having it for over 6 months I called them yet AGAIN to ask them if anything has happened. They never contact me so I have o run through the phone games with them each time.

When I called yesterday and finally getting through to tech support after about 20 minutes I was told that my name was not in their system. I was asked if I had a work order number, but I was never given one. After sitting there is disbelief for a while, and reiterating that I had sent it in over 6 months ago and soke to someone several times about it. The lady then asked me what model of camera I had, and upon hearing that it was a FujiFilm she quickly told me that this was the support line for Samsung (Um, OK, I was never asked what kind of camera I had when I was transferred to you. What made her think that I had a samsung was beyond me). Anyways, she quickly found me in the Fujifilm system and said that they were still waiting on parts that were on backorder from Fuji. She was going to send the camera top Fuji the next day for them to repair or replace the camera.

Now I'd like to be optimistic about this whole thing, but if my camera is sent to Fuji, and never makes it way back to me I will not be a happy person. I could easily see Fuji saying they never received it, and Bigston says they sent it, and my camera will be forever lost in some sort of shipping lingo. The good news is that they did verify this time that the camera is under warantee (or well, WAS when I sent it to them LAST SUMMER!). Well, anyways wish me good luck. Here's a picture of my baby:

No comments: